Syllabus Tune-Up and Peer Review
Wednesday, Aug. 11, 9:30 - 11:30a.m.
Monday, Aug. 16, 9:30 - 11:30a.m.
Virtual on MS Teams (8/11 date)- Those who register will receive access details prior to the event.
TILL Classroom, Ekstrom 302A (8/16 date)
Jennifer Anderson, Ph.D.
Are you satisfied with your syllabus? Is your syllabus learner-centered? Do you think your syllabus is free from ambiguity?
If the answer to any of these questions is no, or you are unsure, we invite you to join us in this informal tune-up session. Developed at the request of several UofL faculty members, these sessions will allow you to receive guidance that will help develop and strengthen your syllabi in preparation for the upcoming spring semester.
In these low-stress 2-hour sessions, we will discuss the process of reviewing syllabi, and you will have the opportunity to refocus your content with a learner-centered syllabus in mind. You will also get a chance to review a colleague’s syllabus using a rubric, and leave the session with at least one peer-review of your own syllabus.
During this session you will:
- Be introduced to elements of a learner-centered syllabus
- Conduct a peer review of a colleague’s syllabus using a syllabus rubric
- Identify elements of strength in the emerging syllabus
- Identify and improve (if needed) stated learning goals, gaps, ambiguity and/or missing scaffolding in the syllabus
- Share ideas and strategies for writing successful syllabi elements
8/11/21Wednesday, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
8/16/21Monday, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.