Due to the various skill levels of faculty using Blackboard, it is required that you show proficiency in the Blackboard system. The workshop will address issues with the assumption that you have a basic working knowledge of Blackboard. A Blackboard Basics training is offered on an as needed/requested basis. If you would like to schedule a Blackboard Basics training please contact Linda Leake at 502.852.4332. At a later date you will be contacted to demonstrate your Blackboard competency in the form of a Blackboard Basics Test. An online Blackboard competency course will be made available to you should you feel the need for a review. At the completion of this test, the Delphi Center will receive and verify your score. Those who do not show competency will be required to meet with the Delphi Center to determine how best to proceed.
You may bring your personal laptop should you desire, but we ask that you ensure you can connect to the wireless network, UL Secure, and for your judicious use of them during the sessions. Should you prefer, we can supply you with a laptop, but please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make appropriate arrangements. We appreciate your cooperation in making Delphi U successful.
A $500 incentive will be rewarded to those who meet the following criteria:
- Attend all Delphi U sessions
- Teach a new or revised fully online course within a year of attending Delphi U and
- Submit and successfully pass a review of your course by a team in the Delphi Center
To successfully pass the review you will need to:
- Permit access to your course to the review team in the Delphi Center
- Identify ways Quality Matters (QM) principles (all eight General Standards), introduced during the workshop, were incorporated into your online course
- Describe the impact those principles had on the outcome of your course