Attachment to Authorization ApplicationThe Radiation Safety Office (RSO) is responsible for and oversees the safe use of radiation and radioactive material on all University of Louisville campuses, University Hospital, and the James Graham Brown Cancer Center. The RSO performs services to insure compliance with State of Kentucky radioactive materials licenses, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, and other pertinent laws, regulations, and guidelines. It is also the lead agent for keeping radiation exposure to employees as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA). It consults as well with local agencies on radiation safety matters and maintains an active participation in professional organizations that are concerned with the practice of radiation safety.
Questions regarding the Radiation Safety Program can be directed to the Radiation Safety Officer, or call 852-5231.
On-line Refresher Training for Radioactive Material Users - This Quick Link will take you directly to the EHS Assist log-in to access the on-line refresher training, which must be completed annually.
PI Radiation Safety Log-In
Selected test users login in to the EHS Assist Database.
RSO is conducting a test of this feature which allows PI's to track inventory and make waste pickup requests directly in our database system.
- Authorized User Review
- Clinical Support
- Dosimetry Service
- Emergency Response
- Laser Safety
- MRI Safety
- Radioactive Material Purchase, Receipt, and Shipping
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Radiation Safety Manual
- Radiation Safety Surveys
- Radioactive Waste Management and Disposal
- Survey Instrument Calibration
- Application for Authorization to Use Radioactive Material (PDF)
- Attachment to Authorization Application
- Dosimetry Use Instructions (PDF)
- Human Use Radiation Safety Manual (Word)
- Human Use Radiation Safety Manual Appendix (PDF)
- On-line Waste Pickup form
- Personnel Monitoring Badge Action Form (Word)
- Radioactive Material User Guide (PDF)