The Environmental Management section in the Department of Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for programs (outside of Waste Management) that protect the environment and the safety of students and employees and ensures that the University is compliant with local, state and federal environmental regulations. Environmental Management monitors these regulations and works with the campus community to develop appropriate policies and procedures to maintain compliance.
While Environmental Management is leading the effort, supervisors and departments are responsible for understanding these regulations and developing procedures to ensure compliance. Employees and students are responsible for following these procedures.
Environmental Management serves as the liaison for the University’s environmental programs with regulatory agencies in the following areas: air pollution control/permitting, community-right-to know, spill planning and response, storm water management, aboveground and underground storage tanks, emergency response, site investigation/remediation, and wastewater management.
Questions regarding the Environmental Programs can be directed to the University’s Environmental Operations Manager, or call 852-6670
Training (COMING SOON)
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan
Forms/Documents (COMING SOON)
- Hazardous Materials Use and Spill Prevention Control Plan- Belknap Campus
- Hazardous Materials Use and Spill Prevention Control Plan- HSC Campus
- Hazardous Materials Use and Spill Prevention Control Plan- Shelby Campus
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan-Belknap Campus
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan-HSC Campus
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures Plan-Shelby Campus