The Counseling Center has moved to the Student Activities Center (SAC), suite W204. We are no longer at Cardinal Station.
The Counseling Center has suspended offering face-to-face/ in-person services. Keep in mind that our operations may change if the University’s precautions change.
- If you have an appointment scheduled in the coming weeks, your clinician will reach out to you to check-in via phone during your appointment time (unless your clinician tells you otherwise). We are working on setting up telehealth sessions for current clients.
- If you are in crisis or have questions, please call us at 852-6585 M-F between 8:30am and 4pm and we will assign a clinician to speak with you as soon as possible.
- For after hours or emergency services, see here
- For self-care, coping, and wellness resources, see our Coping with COVID-19 section
- For information on local agencies offering telehealth services and taking new clients, see our Community Resources section
From the President’s Office:
The best thing you can do is follow the steps listed here to help prevent further spread of the coronavirus.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Our walk-in Urgent Consultation hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:00pm
In case of a life-threatening emergency (including thoughts of hurting yourself or someone else), call:
University Police (ULPD) (502)852-6111
Emergency Psychiatry at the University of Louisville Hospital (502) 562-3120
Hope Now Hotline (502) 589-4313
Suicide Prevention Hotline (800) 273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
We are now accredited by the
International Association of Counseling Services!
The University of Louisville Counseling Center provides short term individual, group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, and psychological testing. Our clients seek services for a variety of areas of concern, including psychological, personal/social, academic, and career issues. Counseling Center professionals provide consultation to faculty and staff members, as well as participate in outreach, training, advocacy, program development, and research. Our counselors work in conjunction with the University community to promote a healthy campus environment that maximizes academic success and student retention.
The mission of the Counseling Center is to provide services and programs that support the psychological well-being, holistic development, and retention of University of Louisville students. The Center seeks to promote an environment that is conducive to positive personal growth and educational achievement. We are committed to diversity in the provision of services and in supporting the University community, while honoring the unique needs and concerns of individuals and traditionally underrepresented groups. We are dedicated to achieving excellence in all aspects of service provision, consultation, training, and research.