A presence in the School of Medicine.
The University of Louisville Department of Pediatrics is the School of Medicine’s second largest clinical department, second only to the Department of Medicine in full-time faculty.
Pediatrics employs more than 150 faculty members in 21 divisions—up from less than 40 in 1985—and is responsible for training nearly 100 pediatrics residents and fellows each year. In fact, virtually every major area of pediatric interest is well represented, from emergency medicine to cardiology. All of our divisions are staffed by specialists and supported by advanced technology.
Pediatrics’ clinical faculty oversee the vast majority of general and subspecialty medical care at Kosair Children’s Hospital. Other community partners include Family and Children First, Maryhurst Home for Girls and Home of the Innocents.
- Adolescent Medicine
- Allergy and Immunology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Child and Youth Project
- UofL Pediatrics primary care practices
- Healthy for Life!
- International Adoption Program
- Hematology/Oncology, Blood, and Marrow Transplant
- Infectious Diseases
- International Pediatrics
- General Inpatient Medicine (Hospitalist Program)
- Neonatal Medicine
- Nephrology and Hypertension
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Pediatric Neurology (a division of the UofL Department of Neurology)
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Weisskopf Child Evaluation Center