Appointment Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Drop-in Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Except the following dates: 1/15, 2/7, 2/14, 2/15, 2/28, 3/12-3/18, and 4/11.
- Current students: No charge
- Alumni who graduated less than one year ago: No charge
- Alumni who graduated more than one year ago: $35 per appointment
Log-in to Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake to schedule your appointment.
- Career Counseling: Career counseling appointments last 60 minutes and can cover major/career exploration, graduate/professional school information, etc.
- Career Assessment: This appointment type lasts 60 minutes and is for students who have already taken a career assessment and need to have the results interpreted.
- Practice Interview: Practice Interviews last 60 minutes and consists of a mock interview to allow students and alumni to practice answering interview questions relevant to their career field.
- Resume/Cover Letter Reviews: Resume/cover letter reviews typically last 30 minutes or less and are intended for students who need help beginning and/or updating their documents.
- Internship Search: These appointments consist of identifying internship opportunities students are qualified for, and typically last 60 minutes. Students must have earned a minimum of 45 credit hours and maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Full-time Job Search: These appointments consist of identifying full-time job opportunities students or alumni are qualified for, and typically last 60 minutes.
Please note:The College of Business, J.B Speed School of Engineering, and Brandeis School of Law will continue to use their Symplicity career management systems. Visit their individual sites below.
Need quick assistance but don't have time to make an appointment? Come in for drop-in hours! Drop-ins consist of 15 minutes one-on-one with a staff member to assist you in your career development. Typical reasons to drop in:
- Resume review
- Cover letter review
- Part time job search
If you are an Engineering or Business student, please visit those respective career centers.
Appointments will be rescheduled when:
- 10 minutes late for a 30 minute appointment
- 15 minutes late for a hour appointment
Appointment No-Show Policy
To explain the expectations for students/alumni for scheduled appointments. In their interactions with the Career Development Center, students/alumni are expected to model the norms of professional behavior that are commonly found in the workplace.
All current students and alumni who have scheduled appointments with the Career Development Center.
Participants are expected to show up for appointments they have scheduled. If the participant fails to show up for a scheduled appointment and fails to notify the Career Development Center prior to the appointment time, the participant’s access to Career Development Center services may be suspended.
First No-Show/Second No-Show:
- If the student/alumni no-shows for the first scheduled appointment with any staff member, they will receive an email informing them that they have missed a scheduled appointment.
- The student/alumni will receive an email after the third missed scheduled appointment notifying them that they have been blocked from scheduling any future appointments and blocked from access to the Cards Career Connection powered by Handshake. To remove the block, the student/alumni must contact the staff member with whom they wish to meet to explain why they have missed appointments and to request reinstatement. Reinstatement will be at the discretion of the staff member.
If reinstatement is denied and the student/alumni wishes to appeal the reinstatement decision, they must call the Career Development Center and schedule an appointment with the Director to discuss their appeal.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANT:
It is the responsibility of the participant to contact the Career Development Center within 24 hours if they are not able to keep their appointment. If there is a special circumstance, the Center will respond accordingly and make arrangements.
TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT:
- Log-in to Handshake or call 502-852-6701.
Possible denial of access to Career Development Center services and resources.
Stuart Esrock at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-6701.