The Career Development Center is much more than “the place to go to find a job” when you’re ready to graduate. In fact, we’re here for you from the first day you arrive at UofL! Throughout your academic career the Career Center can help you learn about yourself, build skills, and form a professional network. The world of work is full of career options and with so many choices, it can be challenging to focus, but no worries - we're here to help you!
From your first year on, the Career Center will introduce you to an amazing array of career possibilities and help you explore the link between academic majors and employment options. If you already have a career goal, we can help you develop skills and strategies to get you where you want to go.
Meet with a Career Counselor to:
- Gain a better understanding of your skills, interests, and personality and learn how they relate to your career possibilities
- Learn how all of the information listed above (about you) intersects with choices about decisions on majors at UofL
- Increase your knowledge of the job search process
- Learn how to get an internship
- Write an effective resume
- Gain greater confidence in interviewing skills
- Learn about the process of applying to graduate and/or professional school