Depending on the job description or advertisement, a company/organization may have one of the following requirements: resume and cover letter required, resume required and cover letter optional, or resume required. We recommend submitting a cover letter with your resume 100% of the time.
Purpose of a Cover Letter
- A formal business letter to an employer letting them know that you are interested in a position with their company, your qualifications and the reasons in which they should hire you.
- Communicates both your current capabilities and future potential.
- Grabs the attention of employers/recruiters.
- Allows you to expand upon the experiences listed in your resume.
- Sells your strongest skills and accomplishments.
- Helps get you the interview!