At the Career Development Center, we are 100% invested in your success while you are a student and after you graduate. Take time to visit the links to your left in order to better understand the career exploration and job search processes.
After reviewing the information on our site, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our staff for resume assistance, help with your job and internship search, graduate school information, mock interviews, and more!
Parents and family interested in aiding in the facilitation of their students career development are encouraged to review our Guide to Career Success for Parents and Families.
As a UofL student, you have free access to resources and appointments through the Career Development Center. During your time at the university, we recommend you take advantage of The Four Year Career Plan.
- Career assessments are available to students to help connect interests, values, and skills to major options at UofL. These majors are also mapped to possible career pathways.
- Educated decision making is the goal of year two. By utilizing resources provided by the Career Development Center, to research career and major options, students can make educated decisions on their major and career, which will set them up for success.
- Experiential learning is imperative to connect what students learn in the classroom to the world of work. Whether or not students take advantage of an internships.practicum/externship/etc. through their academic program, the Career Development Center offers a comprehensive internship program complete with a course for academic credit.
- By year four, students are career ready and able to actively prepare for their transition from college to career. During year four, students should focus on practice interviews and expanding their professional network.
The Career Development Center offers services to alumni who are searching for a job, making a career transition, fine tuning their networking and LinkedIn profile, and need to write or update their resume or CV.
For alumni who have graduated less than one year ago, our services are free of charge. For all other alumni, there is a charge of $35/appointment. To schedule an appointment, contact the UofL Career Development Center at 502.852.6701. Payment for alumni appointments may be made in person with a check or money order or on line with a credit card.To pay for your appointment with a credit card click here.
The following services are available to UofL alumni:
- Career coaching and access to various career assessments
- Customized resume writing and CV development
- Interviewing practice with Interview Stream
- Customized social media presence through LinkedIn
- Salary negotiation tips
- Graduate or Professional school planning & application tips
- Career fairs and Cards Career Connection
Career Services in the Greater Louisville area