Student Group Presentations
Presentation requests should be completed no less than 2 weeks prior to the presentation.
Sample Presentation Topics:
- Choosing a Major/Career: Students learn about career decision-making and the steps to choosing a major, including self-exploration activities and resources to learn about UofL's majors.
- Interviewing: Students learn what to expect in an interview, how to research employers, etiquette, dressing for success and more.
- Job Search Strategies: review of key steps in the job search process, including essential job search tools and strategies and how to make the process more manageable.
- Resume Writing/Cover Letters: We discuss the purpose of a resume, different resume styles, and formatting strategies.
- Personal Branding: Students gain insight into how to effectively brand themselves on social media and how to use LinkedIn to raise their professional profile.
- Job Market Overview: Over 70% of our graduates stay in our local region. Call on the Career Development Center to give an overview of what our local and national job market looks like based on the industry.