The Career Development Center encourages you to incorporate career-related assignments into your syllabus and welcomes the opportunity to discuss ways we can assist you in making this a great learning experience for your students.
If you add assignments that require students to use our services, we ask that you notify us about the assignment due date two (2) weeks in advance using the notification form below. This will not only ensure the staff is aware of the assignment but it will also help us prepare for those time periods where there may be increased student traffic, due to a specific assignment.
Sample Class Assignment Topics
- Practice Interviews: A practice interview is a 60-minute individual session to help students prepare for future interviews. Traditional and behavioral interviewing questions will be presented and students will be asked to respond, as they would in a real interview setting. After the interview, students will be given constructive feedback regarding your interviewing style and how to respond to the questions.
Virtual Practice Interviews: As a faculty member, this is an excellent tool to utilize. To use this option, email us at ULCareers@Louisville.edu to request a username and password. Next, use those credentials to log onto InterviewStream and take two minutes time to follow these brief instructions to set up your assignment for your class and you are done!
In addition to virtual interviewing, this resource can be effective doing virtual practice presentations of various kinds. We are happy to schedule an appointment with you to speak about how this service can be utilized.
- Resume Reviews: Our resume review service provides students with an opportunity to receive feedback on the content of their resumes, including grammar, style, and language. Resume reviews last for 30 minutes.
- General Career Center Information: Students may meet with a representative of the Career Development Center for a general informational meeting to find out information such as services offered and the history of the CDC.
- LinkedIn Help: LinkedIn is a free professional networking site with millions of users. The CDC can assist students with everything from creating a LinkedIn profile to tweaking their page or providing professional headshots.
- Job and Internship Search: For students interested in pursuing full time jobs or internships, the CDC can assist them in developing job search strategies to get the position they want.
- Customized Requests: Have a need that isn't listed? The CDC can help you develop a specialized classroom assignment! Please remember, we need a two (2) week lead time in order to work with you on your request.
If you have any questions regarding presentations or your specific presentation request, please contact Karen Boston at 852-6701 or email@example.com.