New Job Posting Platform - Cardinal Careers
The University Career Center is excited to announce our transition from Handshake to Cardinal Careers powered by Symplicity. As a part of the University's strategic plan, this change will serve students and employers by uniting all opportunities under one universal career platform with the Center for Engaged Learning and the University, Business, and Engineering career centers. Utilizing Cardinal Careers will be your way to post all employment opportunities, view and register for all UofL fairs, and reach all UofL students.
Posting Policy - Read First!
Due to the transition of four centers onto the UofL Cardinal Careers platform, the posting policy is subject to change.
Fraudulent Positions and Questionable Hiring Practices
Due to the presence of fraudulent positions, phishing scams, and questionable employment opportunities; the University Career Center staff utilizes several methods in reviewing employers and positions before releasing them to students in the system. Although we cannot guarantee the integrity of every position, we take every effort to protect students, and the reputation of our employers, from fraudulent activity.
Information Required for All Employers Posting Positions:
- Provide a physical, commercial address. No residential addresses.
- Valid website URL. Cannot use social media as a website.
- Complete organization description.
- Specific contact individual named, including email address and telephone number. Email addresses that do not match the website domain and that cannot be verified as belonging to the organization will not be approved. Gmail or similar email addresses are not accepted.
- Postings must include a clear and concise description of the available position and not have an expiration date longer than six months.
Position Types Defined:
- Internship/Co-op – employer supervised positions preparing students for a professional career track.
- Professional Entry-Level - career-related positions requiring a minimum of a bachelors degree.
- Student Employment (part-time jobs/full-time in summer) - for currently enrolled students to help offset educational and living expenses. The objective is to connect students with employers who offer part-time jobs that are flexible and can accommodate students’ class schedules. These positions are limited to Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, and Shelby counties in Kentucky and Floyd and Clark counties in Indiana. We will post full-time summer jobs.
- Federal Work-Study - these positions are posted in Handshake by the Financial Aid Office. Employers cannot post these positions.
Opportunities Not Posted:
- Positions requiring less than a bachelors degree, non-professional jobs, and non-career track internships (excluding part-time, student employment positions)
- In-home services at private residences such as tutoring, childcare, cleaning, personal care, or yard work.
- Home-based businesses without a commercial location.
- Multi-level marketing/sales; business opportunities; positions requiring an investment or charging a fee; or soliciting business from UofL students.
- International employment, teach abroad, or study abroad opportunities.
- Positions from other job boards or web sites.
- Positions with expiration dates greater than six (6) months.
- Internships that appear to be self-directed or without supervision.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- The policy for third party recruiters and staffing agencies is under review.
We reserve the right to refuse postings that do not support the interests of the University.