School of Music
The University of Louisville School of Music is committed to providing innovative musical leadership and to expanding its role as an outstanding cultural and educational resource for the university and community. Our programs reflect diversity, innovation, and creativity and a commitment to excellence throughout our artistic, educational, research, and professional activities.
2017 First Destination Results
A total of 27 (n=27) graduates of the College of Education & Human Development from the December 2016, May 2017, and August 2017 classes reported employment and continuing education information.
- December 2016: 26% (n=51)
- May 2017: 58% (n=113)
- August 2017: 16% (n=30)
- Bachelors: 85% (n=23)
- Masters: 15% (n=4)
- 48% of graduates are enrolling in/enrolled in graduate school or continuing education
- 37% of graduates are employed full-time
- 7% of graduates are employed part-time
- 7% of graduates are seeking employment
Full-time Employment Timeline†
Of graduates who reported full-time employment:
- 20% were employed upon graduation
- 80% were employed within 3 months of graduation
- 90% were employed within 6 months of graduation
- 100% were employed within 12 months of graduation
Average Full-time Salaries‡
- Bachelors degree recipients: $39,400
- Masters degree recipients: $45,000
*Post-graduation status is only representative of those who completed the First Destination Survey, and may not be generalizable to all degree recipients.
†The timeline for full-time employment varies by alumni; results from the First Destination Survey many not be generalizable to all degree recipients.
‡Average full-time salaries vary by degree, degree level, years of experience, job classification, and company/organization, and my not be generalizable to all degree recipients.