The breakdown of academic programs about the University of Louisville, graduation and employment data is organized in the following sections; click a topic below to jump to that information:
- About University of Louisville
- 2016 Graduation & Employment Information
- 2017 First Destination Survey
The University of Louisville is a state supported research university located in Kentucky's largest metropolitan area. It was a municipally supported public institution for many decades prior to joining the university system in 1970. The University has three campuses. The 287-acre Belknap Campus is three miles from downtown Louisville and houses seven of the university's 12 colleges and schools. The Health Sciences Center is situated in downtown Louisville's medical complex and houses the university's health related programs and the University of Louisville Hospital. The 243-acre Shelby Campus is located in eastern Jefferson County.
Fall 2016 Enrollment
- Total: 22,640
- Undergraduate: 16,033
- Graduate: 5,808
- In-state: 16,723
- Out of State: 5,971
Academic Schools and Colleges
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Brandeis School of Law
- College of Business
- School of Dentistry
- College of Education & Human Development
- School of Graduate & Interdisciplinary Studies
- Kent School of Social Work
- School of Medicine
- School of Music
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health & Information Sciences
- J.B. Speed School of Engineering
The University of Louisville Career Development Center (CDC) has partnered with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) to better understand where our graduates work and continue their education after graduation from UofL for the classes of 2016. Each year, the CDC and IE collect information from a variety of sources to learn more about the graduation trends of our graduating classes, and employment opportunities.
- Where Our Graduates Live: Learn more about which cities in Kentucky our graduates flock to, as well as the most popular states.
- Where Our Graduates Work: Find out which companies by academic college and school our graduates are employed with, and see where your future can take you.
- Where Our Graduates Continue Education: Our graduates attend graduate and professional school at some of the most prestigious universities and colleges in the United States.
- Graduation by the Numbers: See what our baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral graduates are doing post-graduation. Some of our graduates are employed, continuing their education, or both!
The University of Louisville Career Development Center is currently collecting data about the employment status of the December 2016, May 2017, and August 2017 graduating classes. The survey is distributed via email addresses provided to the university by graduating students. The results of this survey will allow the CDC to have more strategic and in-depth conversations with incoming, current, and graduating students about what our graduates are doing in their first position after leaving UofL.
Survey questions intend to gather information on the following topics:
- Employment status
- Salary and first-year bonuses
- Employer and job title
- Location of first position
- Graduate and professional school enrollment
- Internship and experiential learning experiences
- Use of Career Development Center Services
- Strategic follow-up with alumni still seeking employment