Please note: This process is only available to students attending summer or transfer orientation sessions (excludes online orientations). All other students should report to the Cardinal Card Office starting August 1, 2014.
Submit Photo (review specifications below)
Every student is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head and shoulder passport style photo no older than 6 months.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots. Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing.
- Please no sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo. Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- The picture file must be in jpeg format.
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No graduation caps, gowns, or costumes.
- No copyrighted photos.
There are four steps to submitting your photo online:
1. Verify that you are eligible to submit a photo on-line
- You must be a currently registered student attending a summer or transfer orientation session.
- You must have a ULink user name and password.
2. Create an acceptable digital photo (using specifications above). Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office.
3. Submit photo (photo must be submitted by 4:00pm EST on the business day prior to the first day of your orientation session)
- Log in to the photo upload site with your ULink user name and password.
- Verify your name is correct. Select the "use middle name" option if you'd prefer to use your middle name instead of your first name.
- Review photo requirements.
- Choose orientation session date.
- Upload photo.
- Preview the sample Cardinal Card.
- You will receive an email notification stating whether your photo has been accepted or rejected.
4. Pick up your Cardinal Card
- For orientations on the Belknap Campus: Cardinal Cards must be picked up in the Cardinal Card Office – Houchens building, LL08K during your two-day orientation session.
- For orientations on the Health Sciences Campus: Cardinal Cards must be picked up at the location of your orientation.
- You must bring a photo ID and a completed and signed copy of the Cardinal Card Agreement.
If you are a registered student and are having difficulties with the online submission process, please contact us at 502-852-7520 or email@example.com.