A&S Curriculum Committee Minutes Dec 1 2006
College of Arts and Sciences
Curriculum Committee Minutes
December 1, 2006
Members present: K. Chandler (Chair), P. Eason, C. Hanchette, S. Parkhurst, N. Polzer, M. Rohmann, D. Swanson, R. Taylor
Members absent: M. Flairty (A&S Student Council)
Guests: A. Furr (SOC), J. Peteet (ANTH), S. Skaggs (FA)
The minutes of the meeting of November 17, 2006, were approved as distributed.
The following course actions were approved, effective Summer 2007. (Graduate courses must also be approved in the Graduate School.)
- ANTH 305: Genes, People and Evolution (new course)
- ANTH 306: Race and Human Biodiversity (title/description change)
- ANTH 332: Introduction to Folklore (new course, pending receipt of additional information)
- ANTH 371: Ethnographic Methods (description/prerequisite change)
- ARTH 501: History and Issues in 20 th Century Graphic Design (new course)
- SOC 401: Internship (title and prerequisite changes)
- SOC 550: Voluntarism (description and prerequisite changes)
At the request of the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, action was deferred on PSYC 365/PAS 365: Black Psychology.
The committee approved minors in Latino Studies and in Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, after receiving requested revisions to the programs.
Changes were approved to the requirements for the BA and BS degrees in Sociology. However, the proposal to increase the number of Sociology hours required in the BA to 39 (equal to hours required in the BS), was not approved and there will be further discussion with the department.