A&S Curriculum Committee Minutes, 02/07/05
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MINUTES
February 7, 2005
Members Present: A. Allen, B. Beattie (Chair), A. Kolers, B. Li, A. Paez (A&S Student Council), S. Parkhurst, M. Rohmann, D. Swanson, R. Taylor
Guests: C. Turner (MILS), S. Daugherty (MILS), J. Dietrich (Dean's Office), C. Grapperhaus (CHEM), L. Haynes (PSYC), R. Powers (MATH), F. Zamborini (CHEM)
The minutes of the meetings of November 29 and December 6, 2004, were approved as distributed.
Instructional development grant requests from the departments of Chemistry, History, Mathematics, and Psychology were approved, with some modifications. Departments will be notified of the awards by Associate Dean Dietrich.
The following new courses were approved:
- MILS 111, 112, 211, and 212: Army Physical Fitness I-IV
- MILS 210: Special Topics in Military Science
- PSYC 550: Exercise Psychology (also WR credit)
- MTED 549: Statistics and Probability for Teachers
- MTED 550: Geometric Investigations
- MTED 551: Problem Solving