A&S Curriculum Committee Minutes, 12/06/04
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MINUTES
December 6, 2004
Members Present: B. Beattie (Chair), A. Kolers, B. Li, S. Parkhurst, M. Rohmann, D. Swanson, R. Taylor
Members Absent: A. Paez (A&S Student Council)
The committee set its Spring 05 meeting times for (Monday) 9:15-10:45 on January 24, February 7 and 21, March 7 and 21, and April 4 and 18.
COMM 463: Special Topics in Communication-WR was approved, effective summer 05.
COMM 175: Introduction to Debate was deferred for additional information from the department.
Several courses from Military Science were deferred for additional information from the department.
The following changes to the B.S. in Psychology were approved, effective Fall 05:
- Biology 241 and 243 were deleted from the program and replaced by BIOL 244, with total credit hours for supporting courses in Biology remaining at 8.
- Chemistry 203 and 205 were deleted from the program and replaced with CHEM 207, 208 and 209, with total hours in supporting courses in Chemistry remaining at 9.
- CECS 303 and 305 were deleted from the program. Total credits for CECS decreased to 1.
- 1-3 hours in Natural Science or Engineering electives were added to supporting courses.
- Minimum electives changed from 8-11.