A&S; Curriculum Committee Minutes, 10/25/04
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MINUTES
October 25, 2004
Members Present: A. Allen, A. Kolers, B. Li, S. Parkhurst, D. Swanson, R. Taylor
Members Absent: B. Beattie, A. Paez, M. Rohmann
Guests: C. Leuthart (Geo/Geos), W. Pfeffer (CML), N. Theriot (WGST), B. Willey (Engl)
Professor Kolers presided in the absence of Professor Beattie.
The minutes of the meeting of October 17 were approved as distributed.
The proposal for a dual master's degree in Women's and Gender Studies (MA) and Social Work (MSW) was approved.
The following courses were approved for submission to the General Education Course Committee:
- ENGL 323: African American Literature for CD1
- ENGL 373/WGST 325: Women in Literature for CD2
- ENGL 374/WGST 326: Gender and Children's Literature for CD2
- GEOG 300: Globalization and Diversity (new course and CD2)
- WGST 310: Women in Music (x-listed with MUH 320; CD2)
Action was deferred on CHST 335, 351, and 352, pending receipt of more detailed syllabi.