UofL's College of Arts and Sciences
What is Advancement?
Advancement is a strategic, integrated method of managing relationships to increase understanding and support among our key constituents, including alumni and friends, government policy makers, the media, members of the community and philanthropic entities of all types.
The primary core disciplines of educational advancement are alumni relations, communications, marketing and fundraising. (Definition from case.org)
Why this Site?
This site is intended to be one-stop shopping for all your advancement needs. Review the information below; if you don't find what you need, email us at email@example.com and we we will get back to you with answers.
Who does Advancement?
Advancement-related job functions are found at the departmental level, at the unit level (in the A&S Dean's Office), and/or centrally (the Offices of Advancement and Communications and Marketing and the Alumni Association). Here is a list of some of the more relevant contacts at the 3 levels:
A&S Dean's Office
- Lindsey Brown Ronay, A&S Special Projects Coordinator
- Tracy Heightchew, A&S Events Coordinator
- Derek Davenport, A&S Web and Online Media Coordinator
- Anne Domeck, Assistant Dean for Administration
- Elea Fox, Director of Development for the Natural and Social Sciences Divisions
- Patricia White, Director of Development for the Humanities Division
- Judy Hughes, Communication and Marketing Specialist, A&S and Kent School of Social Work
- Erica Walsh, Communication and Marketing Specialist, Arts and Humanities
- John Karman, Communication and Marketing Specialist, Research
- YOU! We know there are people out in their departments and offices doing advancement-related activities as part of their job duties.Please let us know who you are and what advancement-related job functions you do by filling out this short departmental contact form.
- Looking for someone in another department or office? See the advancement contact roster as of 4/10/14.
How to Advance?
Use the links below to:
- Enter an event into the UofL event (Localist) calendar
- Promote an event
- Share faculty or departmental news
- Do a postal mailing and get mailing addresses
- Get help with fundraising or donor relations - contact Elea Fox (Natural and Social Sciences) or Patricia White (Humanities)
- Get graphic design assistance (Help will be provided as our resources permit.)
Other Advancement-Related Resources
- Official UofL and A&S logos
- UofL PowerPoint templates
- Print Services - Brochures, flyers, posters, signage, etc.
- UofL Downloadable Photos (Flickr)
- Plone 4 Training
- Update alumni contact information
Questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org