Graduate Funding Application Information
Application Procedure for Graduate Funding
These awards are available to students enrolled in the M.A. programs in Art History and Critical & Curatorial Studies, and the M.F.A. program in Studio Art and Design. Both full- and part-time students are eligible to apply.
All graduate scholarships, awards, and assistantships are awarded competitively and granted on the basis of academic performance. Consideration may be given to financial need in determining the amount of the award.
Each award is granted for the period of one academic year only and is not automatically renewed.
Master of Arts (MA) students may receive funding for a maximum of two years; Master of Fine Arts (MFA) students may receive funding for a maximum of three years. Students should only apply for those scholarships, awards, and assistantships for which they meet the eligibility requirements and can complete the assigned duties.
Deadline: February 15
Completed applications should be postmarked or returned by February 15 to:
Graduate Funding Committee
c/o Theresa Berbet
Department of Art + Design
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application Form: Graduate Funding Application forms are available from the Fine Arts Office or may be requested via email.
- Currently enrolled University of Louisville students must submit a copy of their most current unofficial transcript. Students who have not yet completed the B.A. should attach an undergraduate transcript. Students who have completed some graduate work should attach a graduate transcript.
- New students: Transcripts included with admission materials will be used for entering students and those who are in their first semester at UofL.
- Applicant Statement:
- Applications must be accompanied by a brief, typed statement (350 words) explaining why the student should be considered for Graduate Funding. Applicants may outline scholastic goals, achievements, and career objectives, and/or explain any special circumstances or financial needs.
- Letter of support:
- Students are required to request one letter of support, preferably from their mentor/advisor or a faculty member with whom they have worked closely. This letter should be sent under separate cover and addressed to the Graduate Funding Committee, c/o Theresa Berbet, Department of Art + Design, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292.
Email Hite@louisville.edu with questions.