Personal tools
Home » GSC Graduate Research Funds Available

GSC Graduate Research Funds Available

This is an important source of funding for graduate student research and is often under-utilized, so take full advantage of this resource!


Applicants must demonstrate that their research requires or will be significantly aided by the equipment, materials, access, etc. to be purchased by the Research Fund grant. Applicants must complete the Research Funding Request Form. The form will require you to append the following materials as well: a letter of application, a cv, a project description with a proposed budget (no more than 1-2 pages), and a brief letter from the student's Department Chair, Director of Graduate Studies, or Dissertation/Thesis director in support of the student and attesting to the appropriateness of the proposed budget and project. The letter of support will be collected by the student and submitted along with the other application materials; a screen capture of an email is acceptable.

At the conclusion of the research project (or at the end of the academic year, if the project is ongoing), the recipient of the Grant agrees to submit a brief but detailed report to the Research Fund committee on the research undertaken with the assistance of the grant and to recognize the Graduate Student Council's support in any publication that results from this research.

Student is responsible for assuring compliance with regulations regarding human and animal research and all other university research guidelines.
The grant is up to $500 for academic year 2012-2013. The grant is processed through Financial Aid to be disbursed to the recipient.
Research funding requests will be reviewed and funds allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, until the funds are depleted.
No single student can receive GSC Research Funding more than once per academic year, and priority in subsequent years will be given to first-time applicants.
Students who do not submit their research report will not be eligible for future GSC Research Funding.
Send inquiries to: