Welcome UofL Military & Veteran Students
Service members must receive approval from an Education Services Officer or education counselor at their local Education Office prior to enrolling. Contact your nearest Education Office or Education Services Officer for questions about military tuition assistance programs.
Important Notice for GI Bill Recipients
A new emergency bill has granted the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) the authority to continue GI Bill payments uninterrupted in the event of national emergencies (such as COVID-19).
The new law allows the VA to continue to pay benefits even if your program delivery method has changed from resident training to online training. You will also continue to receive the same monthly housing allowance payments that you received for resident training until December 21, 2021, or until UofL resumes normal operations. View additional information.
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition Due Dates for Fall and Spring semesters will be the first Friday after classes begin. Summer tuition due dates can be found on the Bursar’s Office website.
Questions regarding your direct deposits are to be referred to the G I Bill hotline at 888-442-4551. Our office does not have access to payment information.
Application Fee Waiver & Priority Registration
Students who are currently serving on Active-Duty, in the National Guard, or in the Reserves in the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marine Corps or the U.S. Coast Guard are eligible to receive an application fee waiver and priority registration.
Military Tuition Rate
This includes Reserve Component Service Members who are receiving Department of Defense Title X tuition assistance funds. This rate is applicable to undergraduate and select graduate programs.
- Active Duty orders must reflect 180 consecutive days duration or longer.
- Send active duty orders to email@example.com
- For questions regarding the active duty please call the Residency Office at 502.852.6528.
- Does not apply to fixed-cost programs or to the professional schools; Medical, Dental, Law, MBA programs, Masters in Engineering Management.
- Spouses and dependents are not eligible for the active duty rate.
SECTION 702 of the Veterans Choice Act
Enacted by Congress as of 7/1/2015
- State of Kentucky’s application of Section 702:
- Website: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/013/002/045.htm
- Section 7, (4)
- (4) A person eligible for benefits under the federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008, 38 U.S.C. 3301-3325, or any other educational benefits provided under Title 38 of the United States Code shall be entitled to Kentucky resident status for purposes of tuition charged at state-supported institutions.
Office of Military and Veteran Student Services
Hours: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday
|Veterans Education Benefits||Veterans Admissions|
Carissa Gentry, VA Certifying Official
Kristen Roy, Veterans Program Coordinator
For questions regarding Graduate School requirements please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502)852-3101. You can also visit the their website.
Welcome to the University of Louisville, we look forward to working with you!
Thank you for your service!