Welcome UofL Military & Veteran Students
Service members must receive approval from an Education Services Officer or education counselor at their local Education Office prior to enrolling. Contact your nearest Education Office or Education Services Officer for questions about military tuition assistance programs.
Important Notice for GI Bill Recipients
Beginning Dec. 17, 2021, the Department of Veterans Affairs will require all Post 9/11 GI Bill recipients to verify their enrollment monthly. Visit the VA Verification of Enrollment webpage for information about what the new requirement means for you! Options will include Opt-in for text verification or call 1-888-442-4551 to verify.
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition Due Dates for Fall and Spring semesters will be the first Friday after classes begin. Summer tuition due dates can be found on the Bursar’s Office website.
Questions regarding your direct deposits are to be referred to the G I Bill hotline at 888-442-4551. Our office does not have access to payment information.
Application Fee Waiver & Priority Registration
Students who are currently serving on Active-Duty, in the National Guard, or in the Reserves in the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Marine Corps or the U.S. Coast Guard are eligible to receive an application fee waiver and priority registration.
Military Tuition Rate
This includes Reserve Component Service Members who are receiving Department of Defense Title X tuition assistance funds. This rate is applicable to undergraduate and select graduate programs.
- Active Duty orders must reflect 180 consecutive days duration or longer.
- Tuition Assistance Forms
- Direct questions to email@example.com
- Carissa Gentry 502-852-0998
- Kristen Roy 502-852-2482
- Does not apply to fixed-cost programs or to the professional schools; Medical, Dental, Law, MBA programs, Masters in Engineering Management.
- Spouses and dependents are not eligible for the active duty rate.
SECTION 702 of the Veterans Choice Act
Enacted by Congress as of 7/1/2015
- State of Kentucky’s application of Section 702:
- Website: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/kar/013/002/045.htm
- Section 7, (4)
- (4) A person eligible for benefits under the federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008, 38 U.S.C. 3301-3325, or any other educational benefits provided under Title 38 of the United States Code shall be entitled to Kentucky resident status for purposes of tuition charged at state-supported institutions.
Office of Military and Veteran Student Services
Hours: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday
|Veterans Education Benefits||Veterans Undergraduate Admissions|
Carissa Gentry, VA Certifying Official
Kristen Roy, Veterans Program Coordinator
For questions regarding Graduate School requirements please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 852-3101. You can also visit the their website.
Welcome to the University of Louisville, we look forward to working with you!
Thank you for your service!