Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply, are there instructions for admission?
Thanks for your interest in UofL! Application instructions, requirements, and deadlines can be found here, http://louisville.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/admissions.
2. How do I send my transcript?
There are a few ways to submit transcripts to UofL::
- send via exchange websites such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse
- email it to email@example.com
- mail it to Office of Admissions, Dept. AO, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
3. How do I check the status of my application?
If you need to check your application file status and view any missing items, you must login to your New Cards Gateway.
4. How long does it take to receive an admissions decision?
Once we have received all of your credentials, the admissions process normally takes 5-7 business days. You will receive notification of your admission status via email in the New Cards Gateway. Admit packets will be mailed within 7-10 business days.
5. How will my credits transfer to UofL?
UofL has partnered with To view the comprehensive list of established transfer equivalencies, visit UofL's personalized TES® site. Please note that if courses are not listed within your search that does not mean that they do not transfer, it means that we have not reviewed the course previously. UofL's official transfer policy can be accessed here, http://louisville.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/services/course-credit.to provide students with an up-to-date library of all of our established equivalencies from institutions that we have previously received transfer credit.
6. What are my next steps? Am I forgetting anything?
We're glad you asked! You can ensure that you have all of your business taken care of with our Transfer & Adult Guide. If you have questions about any of these steps, or further questions about the admissions process, please call 502-852-0166, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your admissions counselor directly.
7. How do I schedule an academic advising appointment?
After you are admitted, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by logging into CardSmart with your ULink username and password and clicking "make an appointment." View step-by-step instructions (opens PDF). (If you experience an error, please allow 2-3 business days for the assignment of your academic advisor).
8. Are scholarships available to transfer students?
UofL is pleased to offer transfer scholarships to students in varying transfer situations. For information about our scholarship programs please visit http://louisville.edu/admissions/apply/transfer/cost-of-attendance/schp.
9. I can't log in to ULink. Who can help me?
For issues logging in to your ULink, Blackboard or your UofL email accounts, please call the IT Help Desk at 502.852.7997.