Dual Credit Program
The UofL High School Dual Credit Program offers qualified, local high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit simultaneously before they receive their high school diploma. Benefits of the program are to:
- Develop a college transcript while in high school
- Experience college curriculum and instructional methods
- Shorten the amount of time required to complete a college degree
- High school students save money by paying $138.75 per credit hour (rates for summer 2015); these rates do not apply to distance education courses.
- Access to our state-of-the-art Student Recreation Center with the $8.25 per credit hour for all high school students
Students who wish to enroll in dual credit classes must complete a UofL dual credit application form, course registration, and pay a one-time application fee. Upon completion, the student will earn college credit. The University of Louisville has articulation agreements with most public institutions in Kentucky to accept dual credit coursework. Students should check with universities outside of Kentucky to find out if they accept UofL dual credit courses.
A Comprehensive Guide to the Dual Credit Program:
click to download
Jeanne Guerrero, Director
University of Louisville
Office of Admissions
Houchens Rm. #150Q
Louisville, KY 40292