- Completed Undergraduate Application
- $25 non-refundable application fee (U.S. dollars)
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to the University of Louisville. We also accept Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Fees will be collected at the time of submission.
- Proof of English proficiency
- All high school and college transcripts
- Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- May 1: Fall Semester Term (begins late August)
- November 1: Spring Semester Term (begins early January)
- March 1: Summer (short terms with beginning dates in May, June or July)
Students applying for undergraduate programs will need to submit official transcripts of records from all secondary schools, universities, colleges or professional schools attended. Applicants who have attended institutions outside the United States may be required to submit their academic records to the World Educational Services or Educational Credential Evaluators for general evaluation. All academic credentials not in English must be accompanied with a notarized verbatim English translation in addition to official transcripts. All academic credentials should be sent to email@example.com or mailed directly to the Office of Admissions at Office of Admissions, Dept. AO, University of Louisville, Louisville KY 40292 USA.
All applicants for whom English is a second language need to show evidence of sufficient proficiency in the English language. Applicants may demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores:
- 79 or higher on the internet-based test
- 550 or higher on the paper-based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores of at least 6.5 overall band score from the academic module exam.
Students may also demonstrate English proficiency by:
- Earning a C or better in (college) English 101
- Holding a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited U.S. Institution
You will be asked to demonstrate that you have adequate financial resources to support your educational and living expenses for the duration of your studies in the U.S. If you are submitting proof of personal funds, please attach an original dated official bank letter verifying that you or your family has the total necessary funds on deposit. For government, agency or employer financial support, please provide an original letter from the sponsor stating the amount and duration of the scholarship and validity for attendance at the University of Louisville. If you will have a U.S. sponsor, they should complete the Affidavit of Support I-134 form and provide the necessary documents.
Notification of Admission Decision
The Office of Admissions will review your application and notify you of their admissions decision. Please do not make arrangements for your Visa interview or travel to the U.S. until you receive a written offer of admission from UofL and your I-20 or DS2019 document.
If you are currently an F1/J1 student in the U.S: Please obtain a Transfer in Recommendation Form from the International Center's website. Send a copy of your current I-20 or DS2019, visa page and I-94 card to the International Center at UofL. The form I-20 or DS2019 from UofL cannot be issued until the financial documents, Transfer in Recommendation Form, I-20, visa page and I-94 information copies have been received. You will need to contact your current international advisor and request your SEVIS Reward to be transferred electronically.
NOTE: International applicants are not typically admitted as non-degree or special students unless they are participating in a special exchange under the J1 Exchange Program.