Activate Your Accounts
Welcome to the University of Louisville!
Before you log in to any of UofL's online services, you will need to activate your UofL accounts.
Activating your University of Louisville accounts will give you access to your:
- UofL student email - Communications will be sent to your UofL email regarding financial aid, and campus housing. Your professors will contact you at your UofL email address.
- ULink - Use ULink to register for classes, access your financial aid, tuition balance, and more
- Blackboard - Blackboard is the University of Louisville's technology platform for in-person and online classes. You can access your syllabus, grades, assignments and more in Blackboard for each of your classes.
- CardSmart - You will use CardSmart to find your Academic Advisor and schedule an Academic Advising appointment. Note: Traditional, first-time freshmen will not need to use CardSmart before attending freshman orientation, as they do not schedule their advising appointments.
Activating your UofL student accounts does not change your New Cards Gateway login and password. You will need to continue to monitor your Gateway to complete important steps to officially join the Cardinal Family. Check your New Cards Gateway regularly for items such as:
- Updates to your application status
- Scholarship application and action items
- Paying your required enrollment deposit (for first-time freshmen)
- New Cards Orientation registration and access
Instructions for activating your UofL accounts
As of 4/11/22, the university has a new way to activate your student accounts. Please view instructions.
**Please note: you will need your 7-digit student ID to activate your account. This number can be found in your New Cards Gateway or on your mailed certificate that came with your letter of admission.