Welcome UofL Military and Veteran Students
Effective Spring 2014 students receiving VA Benefits will have to fill out the verification of enrollment form found at this link http://louisville.edu/veterans/forms
****POST 9/11 G I BILL RECIPIENTS****
The University of Louisville will not submit your tuition and applicable fees to the VA until AFTER each semester (summer term) begins.
Our mission is to smooth the transition from military life to student life by devoting individualized support to veteran students and their families in providing a broad range of services, coordinating with VA, university departments, and other community organizations.
Our staff can assist with the following:
- identifying federal and state education benefit options
- advocating military transfer credit
- withdrawals/re-admit due to deployments or call to Active Duty status
- connecting veteran students with campus resources, veteran service providers, and other agencies encouraging academic success at the University of Louisville
- Active Duty Military Tuition Rate -
- Beginning Spring 2012, this includes Reserve Component Service Members who are receiving Department of Defense Title X tuition assistance funds.
- Rate is applicable to undergraduate and graduate programs.
- This rate does not apply to fixed-cost programs or to the professional schools.
- *NOTE: Active Duty orders must reflect 180 consecutive days duration or longer.
- KY In-state Tuition Rates for Eligible Veterans - In support of our country's Veterans, the University of Louisville offers eligible Post 9/11 GI Bill education beneficiaries resident tuition rates for those who enroll as a non-resident. The current resident rates of $427 per credit hour are available to eligible Veteran students pursuing a baccalaureate degree at the University of Louisville.
- Military Admissions Checklist, here
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Tips for Veterans at College, here
- How do I apply for the GI Bill? VONAPP
- Choose Your GI Bill Carefully, 4 Reasons
- Use Student Aid to Avoid Out-of-Pocket Expenses, here
- SOC Military Student Bill of Rights, here
- Student Military Leave
- UofL Residency Policy
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.gov
- Veterans Reference Guide
Upcoming university events, relevant veteran information, news and updates, and UofL Student Veterans Newsletter.
For undergraduate admissions questions, campus tours, please call us at 502-852-0166 or e-mail email@example.com .
To schedule an appointment regarding veterans education benefits call 502-852-0998 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to working with you.
For questions regarding the School of Interdisciplinary and Graduate Studies
requirements please contact them at email@example.com or (502)852-3101. You can also visit the their website at http://graduate.louisville.edu/sigs/admissions/prospective-students.html.