UofL Theatre season-ticket buyers eligible for local arts giveaway
University of Louisville Theatre season ticket buyers could see free shows at Actors Theatre of Louisville, Broadway Across America, YPAS or Bellarmine University Theatre.
People who purchase season tickets before Sept. 13 will be included in drawings for free tickets to such upcoming local productions as "The Mystery of Irma Vep," "Stomp," "Burn the Floor," "Big River," "Achilles in Sparta" and "Hedda Gabler."
UofL's Department of Theatre Arts 2010-11 season productions will feature satire, comedy, ancient tales and drama. Here's the schedule:
- "The Colored Museum," a play by Kentucky-born George C. Wolfe, Sept. 29-Oct. 3
- "How I Learned to Drive," by Paula Vogel, Oct. 27-31
- "Measure for Measure," by William Shakespeare, Nov. 17-21
- "A Perfect Wedding," by Charles Mee, March 2-6
- "How Orisanmi Chose His Head," an ancient tale from Nigeria adapted for the stage by Nefertiti Burton, April 13-17
All plays begin at 8 p.m. with additional 3 p.m. Sunday matinees at The Playhouse, 1911 S. Third St., or the Thrust, 2314 S. Floyd St. Season tickets are $50 for the general public, $45 for UofL employees and senior citizens and $35 for students.
For more information on performances, call 502-852-7682 or go to the theater arts department. For tickets call 502-852-6814.