TARC changes affect routes around UofL
TARC has made several changes to routes around UofL that will take effect June 9.
Some of the changes that are on routes in proximity to UofL campuses include:
- Route #2 – Second Street
- More frequent and direct service on Route #2 linking downtown, Belknap Campus and the Louisville International Airport.
- The Second Street route will no longer travel on Preston Street, instead traveling primarily on Third and Second streets.
- Route #2 will no longer travel south of the airport to the UPS Worldport. The UPS facility will be added to Route #18—Dixie/Preston highways—which serves Belknap Campus on Floyd Street.
- Route #4 – Fourth Street
- Elimination of a loop to the downtown Medical Center due to low ridership.
- Frequent service on Route #18 continues to provide direct access to the Medical Center from Belknap Campus.
- North of Central Avenue, bus arrival times of every 10 minutes will be maintained from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Service will be reduced to every 15 minutes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Route #27 – Hill Street
- This route has been realigned to cover the area of Preston that will no longer be served by the Second Street route.