Pegasus Parade, Oaks and Derby force street closings, parking restrictions
The Louisville Metro Police Department has announced a number of street closings for Derby activities.
Many streets near the Health Sciences Center will be closed for the Pegasus Parade beginning Thursday afternoon, May 1. Key closings include:
- Broadway will be closed from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Gray Street from Preston to Hancock Street from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Preston, Jackson, Hancock and Floyd streets from Gray to Broadway will be closed from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- See the rest of the Pegasus Parade traffic restrictions.
Several streets will be closed and parking will be restricted near Belknap Campus Friday and Saturday, May 2 and 3. Here are some of the key closings:
- Central Avenue from Floyd Street to Taylor Boulevard will be open only to restricted traffic (by permit only) from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Parking will not be allowed on Floyd Street from Park Boulevard to Warnock Avenue and on Third Street from the Watterson Expressway to Cardinal Boulevard all day Friday and Saturday.
- No southbound traffic will be allowed on Third Street between Eastern Parkway and just south of Churchill Downs. Vehicles headed south on Third will be rerouted onto Eastern Parkway at the Third and Eastern intersection.
- The Watterson Expressway off ramps at Taylor Boulevard, Third Street and Southern Parkway will be closed from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. both days.
- See the rest of the Oaks and Derby traffic restrictions.