Grants awarded for West Louisville projects
The University of Louisville’s Office of Community Engagement is awarding $20,000 in grants for five projects to improve quality of life in West Louisville.
Faculty will receive funding in July for the projects, which include:
- “Composing the Stories of Family Scholar House,” Kathryn Whitmore and James Chisholm, early childhood and elementary education
- “Parkland Digital History,” Lara Kelland, public history
- “Home, Fire, Safety Community Education and Advocacy,” Carlee Lehna and Mary-Beth Cory, nursing, and John Myers, public health and information sciences
- “Promoting Paternal Participation in Healthy Start Programming,” Armon Perry, social work
- “Implementing a Community-Based CPR Training Initiative Utilizing Pre-Medical Students as Facilitators,” Faye Jones, pediatrics, and Katie Leslie, diversity and inclusion
For more details, contact Vicki Hines-Martin of UofL’s Office of Community Engagement at 502-852-8511.