Bring your lunch to free grant crafting series
The next five sessions are scheduled in the “Grant Crafting Brown Bag Series,” sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences Research Office in collaboration with the College of Education and Human Development Research Office.
The free series, geared toward faculty members, features discussions on such topics as creating a project budget, avoiding mistakes in narratives and managing an award. Each 90-minute session is in Room 139 of the Shumaker Research Building and features a 45-minute presentation followed by time for questions and discussion. Participants are encouraged to bring their own lunch. RSVP to Teresa Wilkins, 852-5588.
The schedule is as follows:
· Budgeting Basics – April 2, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Presented by Teresa Wilkins, A&S Research Office.
· Building a Fundable Idea – April 9, noon to 1:30 p.m. Presented by Susanna Cornett, A&S Research Office.
· Practical Budget Building Exercises – April 23, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Presented by Teresa Wilkins, A&S Research Office.
· Project Narratives – May 8, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Presented by Susanna Cornett, A&S Research Office.
· Post-award Grant Management – June 4, 11:30 to 1 p.m. Presented by A&S and CEHD.