Dates set for Garden Commons workshops
People who want to get involved in Garden Commons, an organic garden on the north end of the University of Louisville’s Belknap Campus, can attend a series of gardening workshops this spring.
Here’s the schedule:
- Feb. 8: Seed starting. Learn how to start seeds indoors.
- Feb. 29: Container gardening. Learn the ins-and-outs of growing things in containers.
- March 12: Herbology. Learn how to grow herbs and a bit about herbal medicine.
- April 4: Spring Planting. Get your hands dirty while you learn more about planting.
- May 2: Slow Food Harvest Party. End-of-semester celebration with a slow-food meal in the garden.