by Mog,Justin M — last modified Sep 23, 2013 04:08 PM
Supplementary Materials for Eco-Reps Training - Healthy Eating
Training #4 - Healthy Eating
Healthy Eating - Supplementary Reading
- Eating ‘Green’: Motivations Behind Organic Food Consumption in Australia
- Personal determinants of organic food consumption: a review
- Who are organic food consumers? A compilation and review of why people purchase organic food
- Assessment of the food safety issues related to genetically modified foods
- Do Consumers Really Refuse to Buy Genetically Modified Food?
- Consumer Willingness to Pay for Genetically Modified Food Labels in a Market with Diverse Information: Evidence from Experimental Auctions
Meat Production and Consumption:
- Public health implications of meat production and consumption
- Salmonella on pig carcasses: positive pigs and cross contamination in the slaughterhouse
- Understanding Animals-Becoming-Meat Embracing a Disturbing Education
- The Immorality of Eating Meat
- How Meat is Produced - (GRAPHIC, narrated by Sir Paul McCartney)
- Eating Green Calculator
- Get a handle on the impact of your eating habits and the benefits of
eating differently! From the Center for Science in the Public Interest.
- Louisville Independent Business Alliance
- Louisville Farmers Market Directory - Dozens of seasonal and year-round farmers' markets take place all around town just about any day of the week.
- EarthSave Louisville
Educating people about the extremely powerful and documented effects our food choices have on the environment, our health and all life on Earth. Encouraging an ever-transitioning shift toward a healthy, plant-based diet. Follow on
- Louisville Vegetarian Club
A social group of Louisville area vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores interested in a vegan diet, seeking to promote a peaceful, sustainable vegan lifestyle, with a focus on animal rights, human health, and the environment. Follow on
- Real Food Challenge - Uniting students for just and sustainable food.
- Urban Garden Share - Looking for garden space? Got some space to share? Connect here.
- Factory Farm Map - A project of Food & Water Watch.
- How to win a Food Fight - Healthy choice comparisons from the YMCA of Greater Louisville.
- Louisville Community Supported Agriculture - Lists area Farmers' Markets and CSAs.
- Louisville Farm-To-Table - Bringing together area farmers and their locally-grown foods with Louisville consumers in their homes, schools, restaurants, and workplaces.
- What's in Season? Check the Kentucky Proud Produce Guide!
- Kentucky's Online Farm Market - Buy/sell/trade locally grown food.