by Mog,Justin M — last modified Sep 23, 2013 04:07 PM
Supplementary Materials for Eco-Reps Training - Eating Sustainably
Training #2 - Eating Sustainably at UofL
Eating Sustainably - Supplementary Reading
- Working Toward a Just, Equitable, and Local Food System: The Social Impact of Community-Based Agriculture
- Local Food Systems and Sustainable Communities
- The Food System: A Stranger to the Planning Field
- The effects of organic agriculture on biodiversity and abundance: a meta-analysis
- The Organic Green Revolution - A report from The Rodale Institute.
- Fair trade: quality, market and conventions
- Do Consumers Care about Ethics? Willingness to Pay for Fair-Trade Coffee
- Fair Trade: A Cup at a Time?
- Heine Brothers' Fair Trade Coffee
- Sodexo (UofL Dining contractor) sustainability initiatives
- Louisville Farmers Market Directory - Dozens of seasonal and year-round farmers' markets take place all around town just about any day of the week.
- EarthSave Louisville
Educating people about the extremely powerful and documented effects our food choices have on the environment, our health and all life on Earth. Encouraging an ever-transitioning shift toward a healthy, plant-based diet.Follow on
- Louisville Vegetarian Club
A social group of Louisville area vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores interested in a vegan diet, seeking to promote a peaceful, sustainable vegan lifestyle, with a focus on animal rights, human health, and the environment. Follow on
- Real Food Challenge - Uniting students for just and sustainable food.
- Start a Farm to College program with foodroutes.org!
- CHarting Emissions from Food Services (CHEFS) - a tool from Clean Air-Cool Planet.
- Urban Garden Share - Looking for garden space? Got some space to share? Connect here.
- Factory Farm Map - A project of Food & Water Watch.
- How to win a Food Fight - Healthy choice comparisons from the YMCA of Greater Louisville.
- Louisville Community Supported Agriculture - Lists area Farmers' Markets and CSAs.
- Louisville Farm-To-Table - Bringing together area farmers and their locally-grown foods with Louisville consumers in their homes, schools, restaurants, and workplaces.
- What's in Season? Check the Kentucky Proud Produce Guide!
- Kentucky's Online Farm Market - Buy/sell/trade locally grown food.
Establishing Urban Agriculture in Your Community: What you need to know before you get your hands dirty.
- EPA: Urban Agriculture & Improving Local, Sustainable Food Systems - Information for people pursuing agriculture projects as a part of brownfield redevelopment and reuse.