The University of Louisville is taking steps to reduce its environmental impact and enhance sustainability on all three of its campuses. These efforts span the full spectrum of our operations from how we build and maintain our facilities, to what food we serve, to how people get to and from campus.
- Energy Efficiency
Energy Savings (performance contract)
- LEED Buildings
- High Performance Building Standards
- Renewable Energy
Climate Action Planning
Take ato learn about some of our efforts!
- Take the Louisville Sustainability Bike Tour from UofL
- UofL's Green Purchasing Policy
- UofL's Recycled Material Content Procurement Policy
- Green Products stocked by UofL
- Green Vendor Showcase for UofL purchasers
- UofL's Supplier Code of Conduct
- Key Green Definitions
- UofL's Small, Minority and Women-Owned Business Procurement Policy
- AASHE's Sustainable Procurement Toolkit
UofL has achieved Tree Campus USA designation from the National Arbor Day Foundation every year since 2010!
- Campus Trees
- Belknap Campus Tree Tour (or download Tree Tour pamphlet)
- Beklnap Campus Tree Map
- Integrated Pest Management
- Lower-maintenance Lawn Replacements
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Native Species
- Horner Wildlife Refuge
Health & Wellness
- IT Energy Savings Improvements
- Sustainable Printing
- New Opportunities in IT
- Green Printing Initiative
- Recycling at UofL
- Single-stream Recycling (paper, cardboard, plastics, metal, glass)
- Electronics Recycling
- Battery Recycling
- Cell phone Recycling
- Chemical Recycling
- Hazardous Waste Minimization
- UofL Surplus (reuse items!)
- Unwanted Mail Reduction
- Cardinal Directions - UofL’s trip-planning and carpool-matching service
- Ride the entire TARC bus system free with UofL ID!
- - free daily check-outs!
- LouVelo - citywide bikeshare with stations at UofL
- UofL Bike Parking & Facilities Map
- Register your bike with UofL for easier recovery if stolen/impounded
- - a regional service for setting-up Vanpools, Carpools, and even with your neighbors throughout Kentuckiana. They also administer the free Emergency Ride Home program.
- UofL's No Idling Policy
- 2015 UofL Transportation Alternatives survey results