Apr 26, 2018
from 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM
|Where||Get Healthy Now Wellness Center (601 Presidents Blvd.)|
|Add event to calendar||
UofL's employee wellness program, Get Healthy Now, is organizing this all day festival of health.
The event includes massage therapy, healthy snacks, interactive activities, fitness classes, presentations and more.
Organizations that will be on hand include the Institute for Sustainable Health and Optimal Aging, LGBT Center, Mealtless Monday, Metro Parks & Recreation, New Roots, Scheller’s Fitness & Cycling, SPHIS, and the Women’s Center.
Some sustainability-related highlights from the agenda include:
- 11-11:45 a.m.: KORU Mindfulness and Meditation session
- 12-12:45 p.m.: Presentation, “National Minority Health Month: Partnering with for Health Equity”
- 12-12:45 p.m.: Presentation, “Nutrition”
- 12-12:45 p.m.: Presentation, “Why Organic Foods?”
- 4:15-5 p.m.: Gentle chair yoga; “Hula” hooping demo; Moment of Mindfulness