UofL Day of Giving - Support our Sustainability Initiatives!
A lot has changed in 200 years—our commitment hasn't. Since 1798, the Cardinal family has dreamed big, worked hard and made a lasting impact on our community, commonwealth, and beyond.
Beginning at 6:02 p.m. on Oct. 23, for 1,798 minutes, Cardinals everywhere will come together to celebrate who we are and Raise Some L. This is a Cardinal call to action to all students, alumni, faculty, staff, and fans.
Are you in? ...Great! Here's your to-do list:
- Mark your calendar. Put it in your smart phone. Tape it to your mirror. Do whatever it takes.
- Make a gift during that 1798 minutes to the Green Fund for UofL and support our sustainability initiatives! Donate here. Use your smart phone or computer to make a gift of ANY amount.
- Spread the word. Share your good deed with friends that day on social media using #RaiseSomeL.
Your donations can help us realize this vision by supporting initiatives such as:
- On-campus Sustainability Internships for UofL students to gain experience as change agents;
- Efforts to make UofL even more Bike-Friendly, such as the Earn-A-Bike Program which offers vouchers to local bike shops for those willing to give up their right to a UofL parking permit for at least two years;
- UofL’s Community Composting Project and the UofL Free Store which leverage volunteer power to turn “trash” into treasure;
- On-campus Renewable Energy projects, like our Solar Umbrella Charging Station, which demonstrate green power in action; and
- Organic, campus Food Gardens where students, faculty, and staff can build community and vital life skills while experiencing the unique pleasures of turning tiny seeds into delicious, hyper-local produce.
We invite you to learn more about our on-going UofL sustainability initiatives and to explore the many ways you can get involved and help us create a better world right here, right now.