Panel Discussion on Ohio River Water Quality
Dec 12, 2019
from 01:00 PM to 02:30 PM
|Where||League of Women Voters' Lang House, 115 S. Ewing Ave.|
|Contact Name||Shirley Cantrell|
|Add event to calendar||
The League of Women Voters of Louisville invites you to a discussion with Mr. Richard Harrison, executive director of ORSANCO (Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission), regarding the League’s position letter sent to ORSANCO and water quality challenges to our beautiful river. This will be a very informative discussion about our river and the continued challenges to maintain it and keep it clean, featuring a panel of speakers including:
- Tom Fitzgerald, director, Kentucky Resources Council, who will act as the moderator;
- Nikki Chambers, LWVKY Environment Chair, Moss WTP supervisor, Hopkinsville Water Environmental Authority
- Sarah Lynn Cunningham, PE, environmental engineer and member of the LWVL
- Tamara Sluss, PhD, large river researcher and director, Interdisciplinary Master in Sustainability Program, University of Louisville
- Michael Miller, professor emeritus, Department of Biological Science, University of Cincinnati
- Jason Flickner, director and waterkeeper, Lower Ohio River Waterkeeper
- Chris Bobay, Louisville Water Co.
Free and open to the public.