DEHS 30-year anniversary celebration
May 09, 2018
from 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
|Where||Strickler Hall Room 101|
|Add event to calendar||
The Department of Environmental Health and Safety is 30 years old and will be hosting an event to celebrate.
The program features keynote speakers at 2pm from Larry Gibbs, Associate Vice Provost of EHS at Stanford University and Peter Reinhardt, Director of EHS at Yale University. They will speak on "Evolution of EHS and What the Future Holds," and "Why Choose a Career in EHS?"
The keynotes will be followed by four panel discussions regarding several historical environmental events at UofL, including:
- H1N1 Vaccination POD - over 19,000 doses in 19 hours
- UofL 2009 Flooe - 7" of rain in 1 hour
- Silane fire and emergency response in clean room
- 3 successful environmental forensic projects at UofL: 1. "UofSmell" in 1990s - MSD, Solae & UofL; 2. Phorid Fly infestation in gym - now a managed site; and 3. Cross-contaminated drinking water by outside contractor 10 years ago.
Panelists will include:
- Gordon Garner, former head of MSD
- Julia Aebersold, PhD, Manager of UofL Clean Room
- Cheri Hildreth, DEHS Director
- Dennis Sullivan, DEHS Assistant Director
- Jim Sears & Larry Detherage, current and former Associate VP for Facilities
- Larry Owsley, former VP for Business Affairs
A reception to honor Assistant Director, Dennis Sullivan's retirement after 26 years of service to DEHS will follow the program.
RSVP via email by May 4.