Campus Tree Advisory Committee - Fall 2016 Meeting
Nov 21, 2016
from 01:00 PM to 02:30 PM
|Where||Ekstrom Library W210|
|Contact Name||Justin Mog|
|Add event to calendar||
The Campus Tree Advisory Committee is open to all employees, students & community members interested in helping UofL protect & expand our tree population. We meet just once a semester. The agenda includes:
- Updates: recent tree plantings, removals and maintenance plans (Greg & Aaron)
- Should we reapply? Plant for the Planet grant (LG&E offers one-year grants of $500 to $5000) – Due Dec. 1st
- Plan for a 2017 UofL Arbor Day Observance (Justin)
- Perhaps Friday, April 7th (Kentucky’s official Arbor Day)?
- Potential ceremonial tree planting at a Campus Housing location? (Micahia)
- Planning for tree-related Service Learning Projects (Linda, Russ, Margaret, Shelby/Jhana/Olivia, others?)
- Planning for 2017 Maple-Tapping with BIOL labs (Linda, Dave)
- Any other classes on offer which are/could integrate tree-related service learning?
- ELSB Green Initiatives has done a great job getting students to participate in Citizen Forestry Training with Louisville Grows. All UofL folks are encouraged to get involved in Love Louisville Trees. They have scheduled:
Saturday, November 19th, 10am - 2pm - Fall Fruit Tree Pruning Volunteer Event
Saturday, December 3rd, 10am - 2pm - Beechmont Neighborhood Tree Planting (150 trees)
Saturday, March 18, 2017, 10am - 3pm - California Neighborhood Tree Planting (170 trees)
- Updates/Maintenance of Belknap Tree Tour (Niki)
- Update on Campus Tree Inventory & UofL Tree App (Bob)
- Reminder of reporting needs for 2016 Tree Campus USA application (Justin)
- Other items? Contact the Chair, Justin Mog at firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on Facebook.