Study Abroad Myths
Debunking Study Abroad Myths
Myth #1: IT’S EXPENSIVE
- You can generally use Financial Aid towards your program!
- You can apply for additional scholarships!
- There are a variety of options for a varietyof budgets!
Myth #2: TIMING
- The classes you take abroad count toward your degree so you can still graduate on time;
- We have short term options: summer or possibly winter or spring break!
Myth #3: LANGUAGE
- Most programs are offered in English,even in countries like Germany,France, Thailand, Chile, and more!
- If you are a foreign language major or minor, it’s the best way to build fluency!
Myth #4: FEAR
- Programs are safe & carefully monitored;
- You can go abroad with other UofL students or faculty;
- Students may not travel to countries on the US State Department Travel Warning list.
Consider these myths debunked!