Gilman Scholarship Info Sessions
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program is a program of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
To be eligible for a Gilman Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program or internship;
- In the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least three weeks (21 days) for students from four-year institutions, eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement;
- Applying for credit-bearing study abroad programs in a country or area with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System.
Gilman Scholarship recipients can only receive the scholarship once. If a student previously declined the Gilman Scholarship, they are welcome to re-apply, as long as they still meet all eligibility requirements listed above.
Application deadline is March 3rd at 11:59 pm PST.
Info Session Dates:
Monday, January 13 2—2:30 pm
Thursday, January 16 11—11:30 am
Tuesday, January 21 1—1:30 pm
Wednesday, January 22 10—10:30 am
Monday, January 27 1—1:30 pm
Thursday, January 30 3—3:30 pm
Tuesday, February 4 10—10:30 am
Wednesday, February 5 11—11:30 am
RSVP for your selected date by emailing email@example.com.
Students MUST attend one info session to participate in a Writing Workshop in February.