Gilman Scholarship Application NOW OPEN!
To be eligible for a Gilman Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- An undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions);
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the time of application or provide proof that they will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of their study abroad program or internship;
- In the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least three weeks for students from four-year institutions, eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement;
- Applying for credit-bearing study abroad programs in a country or area with an overall Travel Advisory Level 1 or 2, according to the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Advisory System.
Applicable study abroad terms:
- Spring 2020
- Summer 2020
- Fall 2020
- Academic Year 2020 - 2021
There is NO MINIMUM GPA requirement to apply for the Gilman Scholarship.
The deadline to apply is October 1st.
Students are encouraged to use Walk-In Advising hours to speak with a Peer Ambassador and obtain information on available study abroad programs.
The Office of Study Abroad and International Travel is hosting Info Sessions and Writing Workshops to assist applicants.
Discover what makes an application sparkle. Must attend this session to participate in the Writing Workshop.
Thursday, September 5th 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Wednesday, September 11th 11:00 am - 11:30 am
Thursday, September 19th 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
Monday, September 23rd 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
Have your essay proofread and critiqued. Bring three (3) printed, double-spaced copies of your essay.
Friday, September 13th 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Friday, September 20th 10:00 am - 10:30 am
Tuesday, September 24th 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
Thursday, September 26th 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Email email@example.com to RSVP for a session.
All sessions will take place in the 2nd Floor Conference Room of the International Center (Brodschi Hall) unless otherwise noted.