Types of Programs
The Office of Study Abroad & International Travel advises programs for third party providers or the exchange programs listed below.
Third Party Providers
A third party provider is an organization that connects you at UofL with a university or program overseas. They provide services such as:
- On-site support
- On-site orientations
- Visa assistance
- Airport pick-up
- Cultural activities
- And more!
Click . for a list of our third-party providers
An exchange is when you pay UofL tuition, but you attend another university overseas. The Office of Study Abroad & International Travel advises for the following exchanges:
- Germany | Mainz | Year-long exchange
- Japan | Kansai Gaidai University | Year-long exchange
- France | Montpellier-Sister Cities | Year-long exchange
Below are other study abroad opportunities through UofL:
- A&S short term study abroad programs
- College of Business Education Abroad
- College of Education and Human Development International Learning
- International Service Learning Programs
If you are interested in any of these programs, please contact the departments directly as they have detailed information concerning the trips.
If you plan to study abroad with a program that UofL is not affiliated with, you must complete the direct enrollment process. To learn more about the process, visit the Direct Enrollment page.