Harold Adams Award
The Harold Adams Award, sponsored by the Dean of Students Office, is a memorial tribute to Harold “Butch” Adams, 1963 UofL graduate, Assistant VP for Student Life 1977. Created in 1989 along with the endowed Harold Adams Memorial Scholarship Fund, through generous contributions from family, friends and colleagues to remember Harold’s devotion to students, it serves as a tribute to his enrichment of the lives of people around him, his nurturing nature to students, and his great care and concern for every phase of students’ educational experience. Harold’s attitude, sense of unselfishness and constant concern for the enrichment of student life will always be remembered. The Harold Adams Award is awarded to the individual who best meets the qualities and spirit always demonstrated by Harold Adams.
The Harold Adams Award Committee is seeking nominations for the 2013 Harold Adams Award for a current University of Louisville faculty or staff member that has demonstrated extraordinary achievement and distinction fostering the spirit of Harold Adams by enhancing the quality of Student Life at the University of Louisville.
This award recognizes a faculty or staff member that excels on contributing to a diverse and vibrant student life experience on campus through a unique commitment to students through their attitudes, behaviors and extraordinary involvement in the lives of students.
Submit a nomination that addresses how the nominee has demonstrated an extraordinary achievement in service to student life through one or more of the following:
· Accomplishments, leadership and service in an effort to promote and motivate others towards the enrichment of student life.
· Activities, programs, or services for creating a supportive climate for a vibrant campus experience.
· Achievement in recruiting, mentoring, and retaining student involvement.
Award nominees from all campuses must be a current University of Louisville faculty or staff member that has implemented programs, activities or events that has made a significant difference in the University environment.
The award recipient will formally receive the award at the Student Life Excellence Awards ceremony in April.
Submit nominations by April 3, 2013
Nominations must include the following:
· A completed nomination form
· A nominating statement citing specific accomplishments and services of the nominee (2 pages maximum)
· Optional: Other supporting material such as letters of support, articles, photos to support the nomination (4 pages maximum)