Florence M. Strickler Scholarship Application
Florence M. Strickler Red Barn Alumni Association Scholarship
The Red Barn Alumni Association (RBAA) is a voluntary organization designed to provide support to students actively involved in student activities at the University of Louisville. Florence M. Strickler was the spouse of Dr. Woodrow Strickler, former U of L President, who established the Red Barn in 1969 with students and staff. Each year, four $400 scholarships are awarded through this endowed fund.
To be eligible for this scholarship a student must:
- Be in good academic standing (Minimum 2.0 University Cumulative GPA)
- Have completed at least 24 hours
- Enrolled in at least 6 hours in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded
- Provide a justification statement for award on the second page
- Complete and sign this application and attach two letters of recommendation by or before the deadline stated on the cover letter with this application
- Preference may be given to undergraduate students with financial need
- Preference will be given to students involved in student activities at U of L
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid) on file with the Financial Aid Office (web site at www.fafsa.ed.gov).
Complete and sign this application, attach 2 letters of recommendation and return to the Red Barn Programs Office located in the Red Barn to your left as you enter the hallway from the single door with the awning marked “Intersection” on the South Side of the Red Barn on or before Monday, December 1, 2014 at 5pm.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a completed application WITH TWO LETTERS of recommendation attached and turned in by
Monday, December 1, 2014, by 5pm. PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED AND
APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY 5PM AS INDICATED