THE DENNIS C. GOLDEN TORCHBEARER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
This scholarship honoring Dr. Dennis C. Golden was established in 1999 through the Torchbearer Program. Five $250 scholarships were awarded from 1999 through 2001 in his honor. Since 2002, two $300 scholarships were awarded annually in his honor. Beginning with the 2008 Spring Semester, one $400 scholarship will be awarded in his honor. Dr. Dennis C. Golden was the second Vice President for Student Affairs at the University of Louisville and began the Torchbearer Program in 1994. Dr. Golden became the President of Fontbonne College, St. Louis, MO in 1995.
CRITERIA: To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 U of L cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Preference may be given to students with an outstanding grade point average.
- Preference may be given to students with financial need.
- Preference may be given to students who have completed between 30 and 60 hours of course work.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated leadership ability at U of L and have done community service.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with the Financial Aid Office (web site at www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Provide a statement for justification of award on the second page.
- Complete and sign this application, attach two letters of recommendation and return to the Red Barn Programs Office located in the Red Barn to your left as you enter the hallway from the single door with the awning marked “Intersection” on the South side of the Red Barn on or before Monday, April 21, 2014, at 5pm.
Note: Only completed applications with two letters of recommendation attached and received by the deadline stated on the attached cover letter will be considered.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a completed application WITH TWO LETTERS of recommendation attached and turned in by
Monday, April 21, 2014, by 5pm. PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED AND
APPLICATIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY 5PM AS INDICATED